SUPER Eagles stand-in coach Austin Eguavoen has told the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to hastily unveil the new Super Eagles coach vowing to dump the team after the African Nations Cup qualifier against Madagascar on Sunday at the National Stadium Abuja.
In an interview with NationSport in Abuja, the former international said the Football House should waste no time in ensuring that a new coach takes over the helm of Eagles' affairs before the next match.
"I am not desperate about handling the Super Eagles. I have contributed my quota for the team. I think this is the time for the Football House to unveil the new coach to enable him settle down for the task ahead," Eguaveon stated.
He stressed that his decision to handle the team for the Madagascar match was purely out of his patriotic desire fo his Fatherland.
"I was in Belgium when I was called upon to handle the team for this match. I was skeptical about it, but after a second thought, I took it as a call for service, and accepted it," the coach added.
The former ACB of Lagos player said the NFF should hand over the team to Samson Siasia because he seems to be the most popular candidate among all. He however sounded a note of warning to Saisia that he would need to apply wisdom to enable him succeed at the job.
No comments:
Post a Comment